10 diets that work fast
This is a fascinating look at 10 diets that have been tried and tested by different groups of people and have brought results in term of quick weight loss.
Many of the assumptions made in the diet plan are well known and some are unique weight loss tips. Take a look at the list here.
- Low Carb Diet – the most famous and popular diet limit carbs to 10% of your total calorie intake
- Zone Diet – assumes that the key to weight loss is portion control – and balances the various types of food you are allowed to eat
- Volumetrics Diet – this is based on eating food that have low calorie value. The focus here is making you feel full and satisfied with less calorie intake.
- South Beach Diet – consists of three meals a day, two snacks and one high protein dessert. The main emphasis here is to switch out bad carbs and fats and switch to good carbs and fats.
- Atkins Diet – This diet restricts carbohydrates such as bread, potatoes, rice, chocolate, chips, cereals and sugar, and allows eating high protein foods (meat, poultry, fish and eggs) and high-fat foods (cream, butter, cheese).
- Cabbage Soup Diet – You are allowed to have only cabbage soup – but the soup can be coupled with a few other food items. Focus here is on fruits, vegetables and proteins.
- The Grapefruit Diet – the creators claim that the secret to weight loss is eating the right combination of foods till you feel full and not eating between meals.
- The 3 Day Diet – The 3 Day Diet, also referred to as the Cardiac Diet, is meant for rapid weight loss. It is often used in hospitals for cardiac patients who need to lose large amounts of weight before having heart surgery.
- Scarsdale Medical Diet – The Scarsdale Diet is based on eating lean protein and low-carbohydrate foods such as fresh fruits, vegetables, salads, and lean meat. Breakfast generally consist of coffee, tea, one half grapefruit, and a slice of protein bread.
- Flat Belly Diet – This diet consists of eating monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) at every meal in order to eliminate belly fat, promote satiety and fullness, and prevent overeating. MUFAs are found in foods like olives, nuts, avocados, dark chocolate, seeds, soybean, flax, and olive and sunflower oils.
10 Diets that work fast – For full details of these diets click here